If you want to study nursing in the UK, then you may probably worry about the cost of Tuition and living. It is high in demanding fields and has the best career path in 2023. If you dream of studying Nursing in the UK, the cost of tuition is challenging for many students. Then in this article, I will show you some of the cheap nursing schools in UK for international students.
The followings are the cheap nursing schools in UK for international students.
1. Teesside University
Teesside University is located in Middlesbrough, England.
Teesside University offers a one-year full-time BSC (Hons) Professional Nursing program for international students at a very affordable tuition fee. This accredited nursing program in the UK includes providing the best experience, practical work, and quality education.
International students must meet the following requirements to be eligible for BSc (Hons) Professional Nursing program at Teesside University.
- Applicant must have passed class 12th, from a recognized board/university.
- Applicant must hold a diploma (Level 5) or equivalent in Nursing.
- International applicants must submit evidence of English language proficiency. Accepted English tests are: ( IELTS – 6/9 ) And ( PTE – 53/90).
- Applicants must submit recommendation letters and academic transcripts from their previous educational institution.
- Applicant must submit a personnel statement – describing motivation beyond admission in nursing BSc (Hons) and future career goals.
Average Tuition Fee
The average tuition fee for this program is $16,278 per year.
Official Website To Process Your Application to see more details about the program.
2. Middlesex University
Middlesex University is located in London, UK.
Middlesex University is one of the affordable university in the UK, which provide nursing programs to international students with cheap tuition fees.
The nursing programs involve but are not limited to BSc Nursing (Adult), BSc Nursing ( Mental Health ), MSc Nursing (Mental Health), etc.
All programs are designed to provide practical experience, and quality education to help students grow in their nursing careers.
The following are the requirements to be eligible for admission.
- applicant must have obtained a minimum of 55% from a local board or equivalent.
- International applicants must submit evidence of English language proficiency. Accepted English tests are: ( IELTS – 7/9 minimum 7.0 in all components ) And ( PTE – 58/90 with 51 in all components).
- Applicant must submit a letter of recommendation and an official transcript from a previous academic institution.
Average Tuition Fee
The average nursing fee at the University of Middlesex is £14,700.
Start processing your application and also see more details about nursing programs
3. Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University is located in the city of Glasgow, Scotland.
The programs offered by Glasgow Caledonian University are MSc in nursing and BSc (Hons) of 2-6 years of duration, and BSc (Hons) of 1 year of duration in both part-time and full-time modes.
To be eligible for the MSc in nursing applicant must meet the following requirements.
- Applicant must be a UK honors degree (2:2) holder or equivalent.
- Applicant must be a registered nurse
- IELTS test score 6.5 with no element less than 6. Also, applicants can submit more English proficiency certificates.
- Applicants are required to submit a personal statement describing their motivation for describing the program MSc In nursing or BSc Nursing.
- Applicants are required to submit an official transcript from a previous academic institution.
- Applicants are required to submit previous academic institution certificates and other pieces of evidence.
- Applicants are also requested to submit a photocopy of their passports.
Average Admission Fee:
The average nursing tuition fee is £14,500.
You can apply for this program from HERE and also can see more details on it’s official website.
4. University of Cumbria
The University of Cumbria is located in multiple cities in the UK.
The University of Cumbria is one of the offerings BSc in nursing ( mental health nursing, disabilities nursing, Adult nursing) programs for undergraduate international students.
The following are the requirements to meet for international students who want to get admission to nursing at the University of Cumbria.
- Applicants must have completed high school or equivalent qualifications with good academic results.
- International applicants must submit evidence of their English language proficiency. English language qualifications, including IELTS, TOEFL, and Pearson PTE Academic are acceptable. The minimum English language requirements vary depending on the program and level of study but generally range from 6.0 to 7.0 in IELTS or equivalent.
- Applicant must have relevant work experience in any health sector or in especially in nursing.
- Applicant must submit an official transcript and recommendation letter from previous institutions.
Average Tuition Fee
The University of Cumbria is one of cheap in tuition universities in the UK for international students. It has an average Tuition fee of £10,500 per year.
5. University of Suffolk
The University of Suffolk is located in Ipswich, the county town of Suffolk.
About the programs
The University of Suffolk offers BSc (Hons) nursing for international students, with practical experience and internship opportunities to excellent graduate students.
Moreover, the university offers other advance courses and education related to nursing for international and domestic students.
The requirements for BSc (Hons) in nursing are:
- Proficiency in English must have 7.0 in IELTS. Only for non-English countries
- Previous academic documents, official transcript, and recommendation letter are to be submitted when applying for admission.
The average fee to get admission to the nursing program is £5,000 a year.
6. Ulster University
Ulster University is located on Shore Rd, Newtownabbey, UK.
The University of Ulster offers a BSN program for overseas students. This BSN program is better known for international students in the UK.
This program provides a diverse experience, practical knowledge, self-learning opportunities, and clinical experience for new overseas nursing students.
To be eligible for admission to BSN nursing at the University of Ulster, you must meet the following requirements.
- Applicant must have completed two years of the nursing program.
- Applicant must submit evidence of English proficiency. PTE with 55/90 or IELTS 6/9. This is for overseas Non-English students
- Applicant must submit two recommendation letters and an official transcript copy from the previous institution.
Average Tuition Fee
The average Tuition fee for nursing education at Ulster university is £15,360.
7. University of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh is located in Edinburgh, Scotland.
The University of Edinburgh offers an affordable MSc Advanced Nursing program for international students who want to enhance their nursing education at the global level. This school of Nursing is among the cheapest in tuition fees in Scotland to provide nursing education for international students.
Requirements for Admission:
The followings are the requirements to get admission in nursing at the University of Edinburgh.
- Applicants must have a UK 2:1 honors degree, or its international equivalent, and have nursing qualifications.
- Applicants must have to submit a personal statement and reference letter.
- Applicant must be professional in English language and must have the minimum score of IELTS – 6.5/9 with 6.0 in each component.
Average Tuition Fee
The average tuition fee for the MSc Advanced Nursing program at the University of Edinburgh is £25,300.
8. University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is located in Glasgow, Scotland.
About the Program
The University of Glasgow is highly recommended affordable and cheap school for nursing in the UK for international students.
This school offered diverse courses for nursing for international students at a very cheap cost. The courses involve BSc Nursing (Hons), and MSs advanced nursing science.
The followings are the requirements to get admission.
- Applicant must be from Central board (CISCE or CBSE) or Metro state board qualification.
- English proficiency with IELTS – 7/9 OR 70 in PTE.
Average Admission Fee
The average admission fee is £19,950 at the University of Glasgow.
9. University of Bolton
The University of Bolton is located in Greater Manchester, England
The University of Bolton offers varieties of nursing courses for overseas students from across the world. The following are courses nurses offered in this program.
The tuition fee is affordable which is £10,300 per year.
UK universities are better known for their high-quality nursing education to international students. Some university’s tuition fees are high which may be challenging for some overseas students. That’s why in this guide I have listed above the top 9 cheap nursing schools in UK for international students.
These university’s fees are affordable to study nursing in UK if you are overseas.